It’s a new year – actually a new decade. Now is the time to prioritize self. It sounds cliché, but there is really no better time to reevaluate and make changes. We have an innate rhythm, and it involves our bodies and our minds. It depends upon regular moving, resting and recharging to achieve balance and homeostasis. This month, we are going to focus on ways to help achieve that balance – and it goes beyond just adding CBD to your daily routine. Although that can be largely successful, we can’t expect it to do it alone. We need to give CBD its best opportunity to help!
First of all, let’s level set. Everyone knows our bodies perform better when we give them what they need. No surprise. Some of the suggestions below are not new but they are solid and will do wonders if you work towards them – this includes improving the health of our Endocannabinoid System (ECS).
- Drink water – 8 glasses or more is recommended
- Sleep – Average of 8 hours/night
- Limit your vices and inflammatory foods – Alcohol, nicotine, sugar, caffeine, gluten, dairy
- Eat more color – veggies first then fruit
- Eat ECS boosting foods – dark chocolate, tea, herbs and spices
- Move – Get active – BUT be sure it is activity that brings you joy and doesn’t stress you out! If going to the gym makes you unhappy and you hate every second of it, it can actually have the opposite effect of what you are trying to achieve. Instead, take your dog(s) or kid(s) for a walk, dance in the kitchen, take a pilates or cycling class – move in a way that makes you happy.
- Recharge – Find what recharges YOU. Often, people immediately jump to meditation, relaxation, the ability to be silent and “enjoy their own company”. All those things are wonderful – if that’s your disposition – but if your personality is one that loves excitement and stimulation, then you must find ways to get those needs met. Forcing yourself to complete an activity that doesn’t fit your personality can actually lead to anxiety.
So how do the suggestions above boost your Endocannabinoid System (ECS), helping it to function more efficiently?? Remember our ECS is the system that helps brings homeostasis and balance to our body. It helps regulate things like mood, sleep and appetite.
A healthier ECS will result in your cannabinoid supplement working more efficiently and effectively. Helping CBD help YOU!
You may look at the list above and think, “I wish I could sleep 8 hours a day! That’s why I am taking CBD. It’s helping but not THAT much.” I hear ya! First of all, give it time. CBD works differently for people and at different times. But why is that?
It’s all due to the health of the Endocannabinoid System. A healthier ECS means there is less work for the supplement, and it can head straight to help with the issue at hand. A less healthy ECS will require a little more time to get it to where it needs to be before it can tackle the reason you are taking it. There is no test that can gauge the health of your ECS. Only time will tell but don’t you want to do all you can to ensure its health? Especially when you know the benefits extend far beyond the health of your ECS!
Be on the lookout for more helpful tips on boosting your ECS this month! If you have any questions, comment below, send us an email or give us a call!